Monday, March 27, 2017


Our weekend flew by in a flash. I swear we need an extra day between Saturday and Sunday! Here's how I'm feeling today: 

It was a super rainy, icky morning, so our plans were really to lay low: we picked up our groceries from Walmart; grabbed Chick-fil-A for lunch; and took naps. Once it was sunny after naps, we went on a little walk; Knox stole his brother's toy while he was...indisposed...and we got ready for the Baylor men's basketball game with the boys' "Brother Bear/Baby Bear" jammies. 

Sadly, the Bears lost {badly} to South Carolina, but my boys looked so cute! 

I made this for supper and we went to bed after the sad Baylor game. 

We had a busy day! Walker had soccer in the morning, then we headed to a 3rd birthday party for one of Walker's sweet friends. His mama, Stacy, is a dear friend of mine and is the ultimate party planner: the party started at their house with a pancake breakfast, followed by a short walk to a local fire station for a tour for the kiddos. Walker, of course, was obsessed with the fire trucks! 

We came home; grabbed a quick lunch; Brandon went to play golf with his dad and older brother; the boys took naps while I read a lot of my book; and then we went to our across-the-street neighbor's little first birthday party. 

The big boys mowed our lawn while I picked weeds in the flower beds and played with Knox. We had leftovers for supper; Brandon and I watched a DVR'd episode of "Dateline" {where I proceeded to fall asleep on the couch} and then we called it an early night. #adulting 

We took the boys out early to get some pictures in the bluebonnets. Texans love us some Texas, and something we do every year is stick our babies in the bluebonnets and get a picture for posterity. ;) 

We got home and Knox started acting super fussy, was running a low-grade fever and tugging at his ear, so we scrapped plans for church and hung out at home instead. {I'm taking him into the pediatrician this morning as soon as they open; I'm suspecting an ear infection, sigh.} 

I ran to the grocery store for a few things while Brandon stayed home with the boys; then he ran out to Home Depot once I was home for supplies to replace our air vent covers in our house. {See: #adulting}. Knox slept for 2.5 hours in the afternoon and then went to bed at 6:15 p.m. because he was feeling so crummy. Here's to hoping he feels better today after seeing the doctor! 

Have a great week, y'all! 



  1. Sounds like a fun weekend! Those bluebonnet pics are adorable. Those flowers are insane! Hope sweet Knox feels better soon!!

  2. That party looks so cute and fun! I love love love the photo of the boys in the blue bonnets! Frame-worthy!

  3. LOVE the picture in the bluebonnets! Sounds like y'all had a good but busy weekend... I was rooting for your Baylor Bears but dang Gamecocks :(

  4. Gosh we watch Dateline almost every night and yep, I fall asleep almost every night and have to finish it the next night hahaha #newbornlife. How beautiful are those pictures in the bluebonnets?! You have got to print those out!

  5. Aw poor Knox. I hope he feels better soon. I don't know why I think it is so funny that you guys watch Dateline..that is the ULTIMATE in adulting!

  6. Where did y'all go for bluebonnets? I've been trying to scope out a good spot!

  7. The boys look so cute in their matching pj's AND the bluebonnets pictures - and that pancake cake, wow!! Looks so delicious!

  8. What a gorgeous photo of them in the bluebonnets! :)

  9. Such a fun weekend - I think Walker might grow up to be a fireman :) and that photo of them in the bluebonnets is just too precious! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

  10. What a great weekend!! The firehouse birthday party is a super fun idea!


© Life as the Mrs.
Blogger Templates by pipdig