Sunday, November 4, 2012

Our {Pictureless} Weekend

Disclaimer: Our weekend wasn't very picture-worthy, so you're getting another pictureless post. Sorry!

Before I begin, thank you so much to those of you that have called, texted and e-mailed about our situation. It totally sucks, but I think I've finally got to the point where I'm just accepting that there's not a thing I can do about this, so I might as well not waste the next four weeks being really grumpy. Brandon keeps telling me to "imagine it like a vacation...but with work."

I worked from home half the day, then had a doctor's appointment in the afternoon. The worker guys showed up {early, I might add} and I just had another breakdown, especially when I was trying to pack for two people for {what I thought at the time was} two weeks on a minute's notice. I called my mother-in-law just sobbing and said when she answered the phone, "I need your help. I can't do this." She came right over, cleaned out all the perishable food in my fridge, took me to lunch and then drove me to my doctor's appointment. Poor thing, I think she probably thought I was going to drive myself off the highway in my crazy condition!

I got a much-needed massage that night, and I'm pretty sure it was the best massage of my life. Afterwards, I met Brandon back at the hotel and we had a glass of wine at the wine bar {I guess it could be worse!} and then went upstairs to our room. Not even joking, we both fell asleep on the bed -- not even under the covers -- around 8:30 p.m.! I finally woke up around 11 p.m. to wash my face and brush my teeth, and then we went right back to sleep and slept in until 9 a.m.

We had coffee in bed, then Brandon went to the gym and I lazed around the hotel room. We had lunch, ran over to Ulta so I could get more make-up and the AT&T store so I could get a case for my new iPhone 5, and then went to visit Oliver at the vet.

It's so sad and I feel like a horrible pet mama. I told Brandon that I feel like we're visiting someone at jail. {Not that I've ever done that, but I assume this is what it feels like!}

After that, we went over to my in-law's, where my mother-in-law let me do three loads of laundry and cooked us a yummy supper {roast with carrots and potatoes; baked red potatoes; deviled eggs; fresh tomatoes; bread and wine}. We watched the Baylor game, and then my mother-in-law and I looked through a ton of old family photos.

While we've had our differences in the past, things have really gotten better and I'm very thankful for that and their help during our house situation. Since my family is nearly four hours away, it's nice to have helpful family here that makes being away from my family just a little easier.

While we were sad to miss Baylor Homecoming and seeing all of our friends, it was just too much too soon.

We slept in today {thank you, Daylight Savings Time!} and were so lazy this morning. We actually came over to the house this afternoon after we grabbed lunch and just sat in the bedroom and watched our DVR'd shows. Even though my house is a wreck, it was so nice to be home.

We're headed to supper now and over to my brother- and sister-in-law's house to watch the Cowboys game and then go back to the hotel to get ready for the week.

We're both taking off this Friday {we were supposed to go to Livingston to see my family but...yeah, that's not happening now} and just dealing with this house stuff all weekend.

Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers...especially for my sanity! :)

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life as the Mrs.
Blogger Templates by pipdig