Sunday, July 8, 2012


Our weekend was so low-key, which is exactly what we needed after this crazy stressful week. 

Brandon came home with this little bouquet of "We Bought a House!" flowers. We celebrated with dinner and a drink...and by the way, it still hasn't totally sunk in that we're buying a house. It's that feeling of, "Okay, I know we're doing this, but it's so new that I have no idea how it's going to feel." 

Brandon played golf, so I lingered in bed with Oliver. He didn't want to get out of bed, so I happily obliged staying in and sipping my coffee with him. :)

I spent the morning cleaning our house {which I always do when Brandon's gone...makes both of our lives so much easier, ha!}, going to PetsMart and making a trip to the grocery store. 

We took a nice little nap, I cooked an early supper, and then it started to rain, so we got cozy with a glass of wine, candles and the DVR. Then, I got a massage. Ahhh. 

By the way: my company has this incentive in which they reimburse us up to $60 each month for yoga classes, hair appointments, museum admission, etc., so I use mine for a spa membership. Totally worth it and I'm so thankful that my company does that!

There was a little "incident" right outside our bedroom window around 4:45 a.m. We heard two loud bangs and I immediately shot up in bed, shook Brandon {who'd already heard it} and said, "Brandon! There's someone out there!" He ninja-ed himself out of the bed, handgun in hand, and slowly opened the door to the big living room area. He went around the whole house, into our bathrooms, laundry room, etc. and didn't see a thing. {Of course, at this time, my heart is beating so loud that I think it's about to pop out of my chest...} Just as we'd determined that it couldn't be too much and that we'd call the security company that patrols our apartment, we heard the noise again. We called security immediately and they said they'd gotten numerous calls about it and they were on their way. of course I couldn't go back to sleep for-ev-er, and when I finally did, it was around 7 a.m. So, so scary. 

We called this morning and it was apparently drunk idiots setting off pipe bombs in our freshly-emptied dumpsters; one is literally 15 feet from our bedroom window. Ugh! So ready to move! 

We lazed around this morning, then made cheeseburgers {my Dad's recipe}, sweet potato fries and baked beans for lunch. 

We got dressed and went to Best Buy to take a look at some appliances {of course, we can't buy anything until we close...} and then went to Home Depot to pick out some paint colors for the house. 

We think we've decided on the fourth one from the left {the taupe-y one} for the house, and the third one from the left {the gray} for our bedroom. 

We spent the afternoon lounging around, watching marathons on TV, and just relaxing. 

I took this picture of Oliver laying on my lap because he looks so bored and it just cracked me up! 

Please ignore the big spots on my nose and lip that I've tried to cover up. You can still tell that my nose is swollen...ugh!

We're getting ready for our home inspection on Wednesday, so keep your fingers crossed for us! 

Happy Sunday. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life as the Mrs.
Blogger Templates by pipdig